- Integrated Project for Food Security, Disaster Prevention and Peace Building.
PROJECT IMPLEMENTATION LOCATION:
SN Region District Village Development Committees 1 Mid-Western Hills of Nepal (Karnali Region) Jumla Ghodemahadev, Tamti, Raralihi, MahabePatharKhola, Kalikakhetu, Tatopani, BuvramandiChaur and Malikthota Mugu Rowa, Ruga,Khamale and Seri
PERIOD: 1st July 2012 to 31st March 2016
Objectives Overall Objective (OO):Ensure food security to the poor and marginalized communities of Mugu and Jumla districts of Nepal.
Specific Objective (SO):
Improved socio-economic conditions of the targeted communities of 12 VDCS of Mugu and Jumla
Expected Results ER 1: Local institutions in the form of community groups, networks and/or cooperatives are developed and actively involved in identifying and mobilizing local and other available resourcesER 2: Improved livelihood and increased food security.
ER 3: Communities are aware of environment degradation and the related hazards and have assessed their risks and implemented coping and innovative mitigation and preparedness practices that protect their lives, livelihoods and resources.
- 49 leader farmers trained as rural extension agents.
- 1291 families received Seeds of carrot, radish, cabbage, board leaf mustard, and cauliflower and onion and engaged in vegetable production.
- 24 farmers and 8 project staffs benefited from the animation training.
- Cooperative members from 12 cooperatives (3 person from each cooperative) have been benefited from cooperative
- In addition to the farmer groups, 138 individual HH (Mugu 50HH and Jumla 88HH) received plastic for establishment of private greenhouse.
- One irrigation was rehabilitated and has been improved the quantity and the reliability of irrigation water access. One hector land has been irrigated.
- 174 farmers were acquainted about training vs pruning systems and reason for training and pruning fruit tree, required pruning tools, when to prune, general rules of training and pruning.